Re: [A/S] Re: Weight distribution question

Yes you absolutly still need your torsion bars. Your new Suburban
has a 6000 lb rear axle capacity so it would not sink very far with a
few hundred pounds of hitch weight. What you need for stable towing
is weight transfer to the front wheels of the tow vehicle.

If you can find a level surface unhook the Airstream but don't move
the towvehicle. Take some masking tape and mark all four corners of
the Suburban at something like 24". This is to establish how the Sub
sits without the Airstream. Then connect the torsion bars and
measure again. The marks that were 24" should be down to about 23
3/4" front and rear, or in other words the Suburban should be pushed
straight down. If the trailer is high then you need to lower your
ball height. If you cannot get enough pressure on the bars then you
need to angle the ball mount back further.

I have a more complete explanation of how to do this that I can E
mail you if you like.

Andy