[A/S] Re: direct from A/S factory purchase?

Hi Tom

This is something that we do regularly.  The best way to do it is to
order the Airstream with the carpet.  Then have your dealer or a
flooring installer cut the carpet out and install the flooring you
want. Don't forget to delete the hard surface flooring in the
bathroom because it is a horendous job to take it out after the unit
is built.

 We often install hardwood, pergo, ceramic tile or a mixture.  It
turns out guite nice.  If Airstream did do it the flooring would go
under all the cabinates making any future service very difficult.

Andy