Re: [A/S] converting an Airstream into an office?

Hi Jason,

We distill our own drinking water at home and it costs roughly $.15 per
gallon for electricity.  The distiller we own can make up to 5 gallons per
day.

We find distilling our own water the best route to go so that we are
consistent with what we give our animals to drink along with ourselves when
out on the road.  A portable distiller works great even in a motel room as
you can make water just about wherever and whenever you desire.  We carry a
3 gallon blue water jug made especially for "potable" water and find it very
convenient as it's much better than looking for grocery stores all the time
and it's even better to have that much water in one container versus 3
separate gallon jugs that always seem to need to be moved for one thing or
another.

There are cheaply made distillers out there that don't cost over $100 *but*
remember you will usually get what you pay for.  A good distiller will have
stainless steel coils and a decent warranty, one that you really shouldn't
have to use if you are careful and follow all the instructions that come
with them.

You would be surprised at the junk that ends up on the bottom of the boiling
pot.  I know we certainly were and we really didn't need all those *extra*
minerals (can you say powdered rocks?) going into our systems either much
less our animals systems.

Tom