[A/S] Serial Number Help

Hi,

I am trying to buy a 1958 Airstream that has been sitting near my
grandmother's property in the mountains for several years, but the
guy who owns it says he can't find the title or registration.  He
says he has moved several times and his health is poor and he is not
going to look for it.  There is a florida tag on it that expired in
1999.  He said all I need is a bill of sale.  But....I can't even
find a serial number.  Where would the serial number be located, and
are there any special hiding places that it might be found?  Any
help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sandi