[A/S] Re: Trailer tire question

Hi Dan

We install several hundred 7.00-15 Radials on Airstreams every year.
They were optional from the factory from 1971-1987.

If your alignment is right you will generally rot them out before you
wear them out but our high mileage customers get about 60,000 miles
out of them.  The 7.00-15 is a much higher quality tire than the
Travel Trailer tires that are available.

Do not install Bias - ply as these really reduce the life of your
trailer.  Periodically I will ride in an Airstream over a little test
route that we have to diagnose problems or see how a different tire
and wheel combination rides. The difference in the ride between a
bias ply and a radial is massive.  A 235/75 Light truck tire will
work but it has more rolling resistance and side sway than the 7.00-
15.

Make sure you get them ballanced as well as this will help keep
rivits etc from loosening up.  What year/size Airstream do you have?

Andy