Re: [A/S] Frame droop repairs

Hi Dan
this is a repair that was really created for the long trailers with the rear
bath.  iow, people not emptying the black water tank before hitting the road.
the repair requires pulling the bottom pan from the rear axle all the way back
to the bumper.
A C frame or Channel stock large enough to fit around the top, outside and
bottom of the long frame member is then attached.  btw, this unit is perforated
with holes to lighten weight.  the reinforcer is bolted on as I remember.  then
it is sprayed with some sort of rust preventer.  this is done on both sides of
the trailer of course.

I have this modification on my trailer but in spite of that, I carry as little
weight behind the axles as possible while on the road.

hope this helps

chas

--
Charles L Hamilton,  chasm@schuetzen.net  Houston, TX