Re: [A/S] Tow Vehicles

A somewhat related thread ------
Last week I saw an ad for Dodge Durango pulling what looked like a
Safari.  The text of the ad touted the Durango's towing
capability, especially as being "best in class".

IMO, this is a disservice to would-be trailerists.  True, the GVW
capacity of the Durango is suitable, but this does not take into
account the "sail area" of the trailer.  Of course, the Airstream
shape "sheds" the wind and wash from passing 18 wheelers better
that SOBs, but still, this can create lots of problems for the
short wheelbase SUVs.  As recounted numerous times by other
listees, sway control, proper hitching, and longer wheel base
vehicles provide for safer travel.  Dodge is setting a bad
precedent in the interests of selling a few more SUVs.   Just my
opinion. <;)

Jim
'97 Safari 25'
F-250 CC 4x4 V-10