Re: [A/S] Propane Tanks

Thomas,
  Keep looking, you'll find someone nearby.

Couple of other ideas: welding supply houses, those that deal in gasses
and hydrostatic testing outfits. The latter can even do a 'hydro' on
your cylinders and certify them for 12 years instead of the 5 that a
simple inspection warrants.

Someone posted a URL a while back for an outfit that sells the valves,
but I don't know if they'd sell to 'just folk' or if you have to be a
regular propane place. The 2 problems with changing them yourself is
getting the right valves (aluminum cylinders use a different valve than
equivilant-sized steel tanks) and R&R'ing the valves. There's a couple
of special wrenches that would be very nice to have, if not actually
mandatory. Plus, you need a way to hold the cylinder while torquing on
the valve; my supplier has a sort of cradle on the [concrete] wall that
has a chain-wrench type of clamp integral to the unit.

                                   <<Jim>>