[A/S] Re: Roof access

  I think all travel trailer owners and especially Airstreamers
should have one of those multi-position folding ladders like a
Little Giant.  They can be fashioned into a scaffold for low work on
the sides of the trailer and shaped into an "L" to provide access to
the rooftop.  By padding the top two feet with cloth and duct tape
you can have a real secure access to the roof.  Most repairs may not
even involve getting completely on the roof although I have walked
all over mine without a problem.  The idea is to "walk the rivits"
since that is where the structual supports are.

  I used a step ladder prior to using the folding type and with the
curved top that was a pain to say the least.  It requires a helper
to steady the ladder while you get to the roof and back off of it.
At my age it would not be fun to hit the sidewalk because the ladder
slipped!!