Re: [A/S] Electric Brake Wires

Hi! Burt,

      I just replaced all four brakes on my A/S and it turned out great. The
black and white trailer wires can go to either red wires, my trailer wires
went to two white brake wires. I bought complete brake assemblies, that
included the shoes, all springs, backing plate and magnets. Remove the five
bolts holding on the old backing plate and the complete brake comes off and
replace with new. Be sure to look at the condition of the drums for shoe and
magnet scouring, and have machined off. The brake assemblies and machining
were purchased at a trailer sales and service center, one should be available
in your area. I paid $47.00 for each brake assy. and $18.00 for machining
each drum.

     Jim Kraner