[A/S] When do you acid bath ???

We just bought a unknown year of Spartan travel trailer somewhere in the
recently of thirty foot to live in with the only thing I can find to
identify it is the word Essex. It is in fair condition and has been
sitting out in a small field for at least seven years. I decided that it
would be best to start with the outside first as soon as I can get a
good tow to the park. My fist question to the list is when does one acid
bath a trailer and when do you polish it up? The house has also had
someone use silver tar barn roof coating around the seams and vents on
the roof which is cracking and falling off. Do I try to scrap it all off
or do I search for some type of canned chemical to remove it?

Third question changes subject.
How do I grade the wiring in this thing? In other words what do I look
for in output from the wiring and breaker box when adding new features
such as a hot water tank and ,heaven forbid, even a microwave?

Fourth question ,changing the subject yet again, is in not wanting to
change the trailer other than the before mentioned improvement where do
I look to find the veneer to fix what was water damaged in portions of
plywood paneling? Also how do I even figure out what type of wood it is?

Thank any and all who read these rambling questions.

rusty