[A/S] RE: advice on my airstream

Steve,

With good shell and working appliances, I think $5k for an 1985 coach is a
good deal. If the rot is contained in just the two areas you should be able
to patch in new wood.

The floor rot is most likely due to leaking. The door seal may need
replacing, or perhaps the previous owner left it open when in storage for a
while. Most likely place for leaks are the roof vents, over the tops of the
door and windows, the light, the awning rail, around the marker lights, or
any other object that goes through the skin.  Not a big deal, pretty normal,
my '69 used to leak and had some floor rot I replaced. I sealed the skin and
have had no problems in the past 6 years. Vulkem is used for over doors,
windows, vents, etc.  I use cool seal on the smaller openings.

Good luck.

Jim