[A/S] Braking

   Sorry to disagree with those who feel here is no need to occasionally use
the trailer brake independently.  #1  why do you suppose that hand control
was put where it is??  #2  Those of you who are into physics can tell you
that when the trailer is out of control it is pushing you where it wants to
go.  When the hand control is applied the trailer will usually straighten
itself because it is no longer pushing the tow vehicle. #3 I believe the
biggest safety hazard to towing the wide bodied trailers with a narrow tow
vehicle is the lack of mirrors to see behind the trailer to what is in your
lane.  Most states have a law that you must be able to see behind your
trailer.  Otherwise how would you know what the traffic behind you is doing?

By the way, I was on a caravan of 25 trailers and the only one totaled was
using a hensley and towing with a Suburban.  In the accident the Hensley
broke.  The owner was going to pursue that with the factory.  Wish I knew
how it was handled.

Kathy