[A/S] Two questions

A friend of mine has a 34' AS.  He tells me he always
travels with his water tank full, or near full.  He
says the trailer travels better with the extra weight.
 I've always traveled with the assumption that the
less weight the better.  What do y'all think?

Over the years I've noticed diesel trucks parked with
their engines running.  I've even noticed them being
fueled with the engines running.  I've always
attributed this to laziness, but now that I own a
diesel I'm curious.  Should I leave the engine on, or
turn it off.

Tom May
'02 F250 PSD
31' Excella