Re: [A/S] Dangers of driving cross country . . . alone

We have been saved three times over the years by having a cheap duplicate
key inside one of the little magnetic key boxes stuck to the frame under
the car. Once when my forgetful teen-age daughter locked herself out during
a shopping trip, once when the wife locked herself out while off
antiqueing, and once when I did it to myself.

Modern superkeys have the little anti-theft computer chip inside them, so a
simple duplicate wouldn't crank the vehicle, but probably works OK to
unlock the door (I haven't tried a wal-mart duplicate of a superkey yet).

Jerry  4404