Re: [A/S] Hello and ... looking

Thanks for your advice, Jim.

The solder joints have not leaked anywhere that I know of.
I just hate that "hissing" sound of a leak in a buried
water line "somewhere" in the system.  I've had leaks under
the kitchen sink and another that I can't recall right
now.

I'll look for the pictures in the manual and if need be
I'll just run some of the rolled copper line alongside the
old if it's too hard to remove.  Then I think I'll just
unsolder the old and sweat in the new joints.

Our unit does have a built-in household pressure
regulator.  Maybe they came out with them beginning in the
1969 model year?  I know 1969 was a banner year for
Airstream with the then new rounded windows (the corners),
the duo-torque axle (which other makers now copy since it's
patent ran out) and so many other inovations.  All the
above is just some of the reasons I think we will keep our
old vintage '69 model even if we get *more* Airstreams. ;)

One thing we do NOT have in our model year is a gray water
holding tank.  How I wish we did!  Due to this fact we must
take along the blue tote tank and that just takes up more
space inside the trailer.

Has anyone ever attempted an installation of a gray water
tank to the trailers (any year or models) that did not come
from the factory with one?  This is one mod I'd certainly
try and do if I was safely able to lift the trailer so as
to have room to work.  I'm not a skinny guy! ;)

Thanks,
Tom