Re: [A/S] Which Tow Vehicle - The Cart Before The Horse - Help

We have a 75/overlander. Use a 97 2500 Chevy van. Rarely have trouble pulling
any grade. Only the steepest grades require a down shift to 2nd unless I run
into someone that kills my momentum. Although we live in the East. and never
had the chance to tow in the West  so I can't verify how that would go.  If I
had it to do over again (and someday I will) I would opt for the 3500 chassis
and that would allow the insertion of a big block or diesel. I am looking
into a rear end change from 373 gears to 411 for that extra margin of towing
capacity. After towing the Overlander the last 3 years I can say I'm pretty
satisfied with the setup yet I keep getting that nagging feeling of I need
more power. Hope that helps.

J.L.Dietz #4361