[A/S] Re: Deep Fried Battery

Hi Mark,
 By what you say It would seem you had a spark, this would ignite
 the hydrogen and oxygen that come from a charging battery. The last
 time I saw a battery in that condition was many years ago when I
 made the spark. I was shot in the arm with the filler caps and the
end blew out of the battery.
    You will now need lots of baking powder to get rid of the acid
 in the area. Use it as a powder or make a paste and paint it on.
 When all the fizzing stops clean off with water.
    Brian in Canada