Re: [A/S] Canadians??? (was: New to the list)

Hi there fellow Canuck
If you want information on the Airstream and how to find a good used one
etc, may I suggest you go to the WBCCI web page and follow the links to
the Ontario Division. http://www.wbcci.org/
Also if you are looking for "vintage' aluminum, you should check the
Vintage Airstream Club web pages and adverts at
http://www.airstream.net/index.html
This list group is marvellous and you will sometimes find mention of
Airstreams for sale on it.
Or, you can do what we did and watch the local "Penny saver" month after
month until you run across a private sale.
Finally, take a trip to CanAm RV in London and talk to Nancy. She will
show you what to look for in a good used Airstream and fill you in on
all the vital details. She certainly was most helpfull when we were
searching for our trailer. The people at CanAm are first rate and not at
all pushy. They have a really great selection of used A/S's and who
knows.....
Finally, some of the Airstream clubs have members who are retiring from
travelling and selling off their equipment. Anything I've seen that's
been sold by members is usually really well taken care of.
As far as out-of-country medical coverage is concerned, I don't know
what to suggest except that you contact your own auto insurer and
discuss this with them. They probably have good leads for Canadians in
this respect. Also check your employer's coverage. It may apply in the
States. Ours does.
We've never had any problems crossing the border with the Airstream. I
guess we just don't fit the profile of a danger to American society.
(Vintage Airstream, 89 Crown Vic, large hairy dog in back seat. white
beared gentleman, classy looking lady in the front seat.) We have always
been told to have a great trip. We do carry our birth certificates as
evidence of nationality, and evidence of financial means, if we're ever
asked It has been suggested since Sept 11th that you carry a passport.
Coming back home, we also have very little hassle while towing the
Airstream. They just know they can trust anyone who would haul that much
aluminum behind  their car. <grin>
Anyway, if I can help you in anyway, please let me know.
John & Louise Sargeant, london Ontario
WBCCI #5530
74 International,
PS I'm not in any way affiliated with CanAm.....they're just great
people.