[A/S] Vapour barrier?

 I am in the process of determining what flooring to go with in my '67
Safari.I am leaning towards either bamboo or cork and would appreciate
hearing from others who have used either in their trailers.This would help
greatly in decision making.

 Also,one of the potential installers I spoke with,has strongly suggested I
also remove the original floor tiles first(which I am not keen to do...they
are in nice,flat shape),and then install a "vapour barrier" before laying
whatever flooring material I go with.I have never heard of this being done
before.Now,I live near Vancouver,BC,so we do get see a lot of rain and
moisture...which is why he says it would be beneficial to pay the extra to
have that put in.

 Can anyone help me out on this?Is it needed?

Charlotte