Re: [A/S] How old is old ?

I agree.

The problem is finding a '78 in the kind of mint condition ours was in so we
argue that value to the insurance company.

The only '78 we could find anywhere near our location was not nearly as nice
as ours.  It had a sales price of $8,000 -- but the interior was filthy dirty.
It needed to be reupholstered and re-carpeted.  There were mechanical
problems with it.  It didn't have any awnings (ours had 3 ZipDees).  And the
exterior finish was poor.  Ours had been clearcoated about 3 years ago and
had a wonderful mirror shine.

All the insurance company wants to look at is model year -- they ignore condition.

I know I would pay more money for a trailer in excellent condition than one
that will require $5,000 to $10,000 investment.  Those ZipDee awnings are
nice, but they're not cheap & clearcoating costs about $125-150 per foot.

Unfortunately, this logic has fallen on deaf ears at GEICO.  But we are going
to keep looking.

If anyone sells or purchases an older model trailer in excellent condition, please
let me know the price so I can document it in my ongoing battle with GEICO.

Thanks,
Lane