[A/S] Airstream wannabe looking for tow vehicle information.

  As a new member all your emails have been informative and helpful, focusing
me on an Airstream trailer that will suit my wife and I. I am also looking at
a used tow vehicle, a Chevy Suburban 2500 with the 8.1L (454) engine and 4.10
differential ratio with 53000 miles to pull an Excella 30' (8300 lb. Max).
Any one of you have experience with this unit. Please let me know your
thoughts, gas mileage, problems, etc.

       Also, the Suburban 1500 has a vortec 5300 (5.3L) engine with a 4.10
ratio capable of pulling 8400 lb. How does it do the job for this trailer
mileage, problems, etc.

       Since this is not a specific Airstream question you may want to reply
directly to my email address.

       Jim Kraner
       Wannabe
       jkr6224962@aol.com