RE: [A/S] Waterheater Question

Hi Chuck and Lynn,

I have just tried to replace my 6 gal. with a "tankless"
heater that produces unlimited hot water. It fits into the
same area as a 10gal regular RV heater. To do this, you
must do major modifications to the old hole. The 6 gal
has an aluminum structural support at the top. You don't
want to cut that, so you remove the box at the bottom of
the hole that is supporting the old tank. This is not
needed because there is no tank on the "tankless". You
still must cut the skin and install a new door.

I didn't do it. It was too "iffy" to do all those modifications
without knowing if it would work perfectly. What I did do
was build a plywood box for the new heater so I could use
it EXTERNALLY. This works great and so does the heater so
far. You have to remove the present heater to be able to
tie in the new connections, but after this is done you have
not only the new heater (running off the bypass circuit)
but also the old one for a backup.

Everyone has said that you can take a shower if you just
are careful with the water. I have to say to them:

   HEAVEN IS A 20 MIN SHOWER

Mark