Re: [A/S] Dexter and Henschen axles - question

Actually Airstream experimented with the Dexter torsion axle on the new version 16'
Bambi when they reintroduced it. We have seen both axles under 16' Bambi's.
The Henschen axle has been available to trailer manufacturers other than Airstream for
many years. They are considered a premium axle for ride comfort and control. We have a
horse trailer manufacturer in this area that uses them.
Henschen operated as a separate division under Thor for many years after Thor began.
Two years ago Thor sold off Henschen to another group. The people and location
has/have not changed. It is no longer necessary to go through Airstream to get one of
their axles.
One significant difference between the early axles and the current production was the
use of natural rubber vs synthetic rubber. The synthetic rubber is more durable.

Charlie