Re: [A/S] Water Heater Concerns

Thomas,
My previous SOB trailer had an Atwood Gas/Electric
water heater.  We normally ran it on electric only.
When we took showers we flipped on the inside gas
igniter switch.  It made a significant difference in
the amount of hot water available and quite a savings
in gas.  I wish my Safari had this setup.

There are electrical elements that can be added to gas
water heaters.  You replace your drain plug with one
of these units.  From what I have read, Atwood
discourages these add on units.  I think the concern
was a potential hazzard in case of gas leak.  I'm not
sure why the add ons are a hazzard vs the Atwood
Gas/Electric setup.

Jack