Re: [A/S] New Duratorque Axles

I recently installed a new duratorque axle on my 63 GT. I did need a
welder to install the shock brackets. We decided not to use the new
shock brackets that came with the axle and cut the old ones off and
welded them onto the new axle. The old ones already had a needed bend
that the new brackets didn't have. Also QDS has changed the mounting
bracket that comes welded to the axle tube. We had to drill new holes to
mate the new axle to the trailer frame. It took two people about 3 to 4
hours to remove the old and then install the new axle. I bought the axle
with new backing plates,hubs and drums so I didn't have to worry about
the making sure the old bearings and hub fit the new axle. GT does ride
higher now. BTW the axle with backing plates and drums is quite heavy. I
couldn't pick it up by my self.

Not sure if the bigger wheel and tire will fit the opening. You need to
measure the wheel well closely and compare to the width and height of
the  14" rim and tire.