[A/S] Re: Babmi Rims

First of all, you can measure the diameter of the rim yourself. Measure
from one side of the rim to the other, across the center (widest) part
of the rim. This will tell you if it's a 13", 14", or 15" rim.  You may
also need to measure the distance between the lugs. Again, measure
across the widest part, from one lug to the one on the opposite side.

I just ordered a set of replacement rims for my 1958 Overlander,
complete with baby moon hubcaps, from Dexter Axle through a dealer here
in Arizona. They specialize in trailer axle assemblies, including rims.
You can find a dealer near you on their web site at
http://www.dexteraxle.com/. Take your old rims down there, and have them
measure them and see if there's a replacement. I paid about $25/rim and
$7/hubcap for mine, which are 15", six bolt rims. Don't waste your
money, or jeopardize your safety, by purchasing rims from a junkyard.

Another fabulous resource is Tom Patterson's archives for the Vintage
Airstream Club mailing list. You can search for this subject from
http://www.tompatterson.com/wgall.html, don't forget to select 'Vintage
Airstream Club postings' from the 'Search Area' field.

Good luck in your search, I'm sure you will find new rims. You're not
the only one out there who has had to replace vintage rims! :)

--
Ted Byrd
1958 Overlander