Re: [A/S] Re: Overload Devices On Tow Vehicles

Harvey,
  AAWG is a commercial outfit, see http://www.aweighwego.org/

They attend many of the larger rallies; I'd imagine that they attend the
national WBCCI doin's.

Their method is to use scales similar to those used by the DOT weight
enforcers, having individual units for each tire on a rig. Believe it or
not, they find OVER HALF of the RVs on the road are overloaded in some
manner. As you know, you have limits on everything from individual tires
to the Gross Combined Vehicle Weight, and an overload on any single
parameter is Not Good. They get $30.00 for their complete weighing and
computer-generated report (mailed to you a couple of weeks later).

Many companies such as: trucking companies, grain elevators, stone
quarries, etc. have motor truck scales. In addition, major truck stops
often have an axle scale available. The charge is minimal, the highest
I've heard of is less than 10 bucks. It's well worth-while to know what
your rig weighs.

                                 <<Jim>>