[A/S] Sewer Hose Storage Tube Cap

Re the PVC tube under my Safari to store the sewer hose, the puppy had a
wonderful time chewing the cap, the strap and the receiving threads at
the entrance of the tube itself (yes, I left these parts exposed for a
few moments while I went in the house for a moment). Her enjoyment went
so far that the strap is now gone and the cap will no longer "screw" or
slot into the tube housing.

My question - Camping World has the replacement parts, but does the
whole cap mechanism just screw on & off the storage tube itself? Or will
I have to cowboy engineer the fitting? Or should I just replace the
entire tube?

Happy Trails
Jim
'02 Safari 27'