Re: [A/S] Re: Auxillary heater problem

Arnie. They said "any" portable heater, especially
near fabrics. If a cat heater is properly installed,
then the cabinet that it's mounted in, does not become
a problem. But some people use a portable electric
heater, a portable catalytic, and sometimes a portable
kerosene heater. Don't know how they can put up with
the kerosene smell, but to each his own. What was
shown on television was scary, I must admit, but the
point was well proven. And then there are those that
place a muffin fan in front of the open oven door,
just to save some battery current. Not everyone has
the same practicality or safety standards.
Some insurance companies frown on claims for freezup
damage when substitute sources of heat are used,
instead of the appliance that the manufacturer
installed. It would seem that why would a RV
manufacture waste $600 to $700 for a forced air
furnace, and it's duct work, if cat heaters, or
portable heaters protected the coach. Obviously, the
"real" job that the portables do, in lieu of, is
grossly overstated. If we can't afford a second
battery or more propane, to protect the coach
properly, then maybe purchasing the coach was a big
mistake, too. When things are treated properly, humans
included, they rarely "let you down."   Max