Re: [A/S] Cell Phone Antenna

Correct. I should have mentioned earlier that I also brought the cable over
to a spot just outside a cabinet above the kitchen and drilled a 3/16 hole
there in a hidden spot behind the awning case to pass it through. I had to
cut the cable near the inside end, pass it through, then reconnect the
cable end. I sealed up the hole around the cable with silver RTV, and also
affixed the cable along the top of the roof outside at several spots with
that RTV to keep it stable in highway winds.

I also ran a 12V power cable extension up to that cabinet so I could plug
the phone in and close the cabinet. No problem hearing it ring, and it was
out of the way and neat. Only problem was having to stand up in the kitchen
to use it, but it was mainly for emergencies anyway (who can afford to gab
when you are paying a buck a minute roaming?).

Jerry W4UK