Re: [A/S] Cell Phone Antenna

You will get plenty of capacitive coupling from the plate to the AS skin to
provide the proper RF ground for the antenna, as long as you glue the plate
directly to the skin without any spacers in there. That is why I mentioned
"thin layer". The base doesn't actually have to be electrically connected
to the plate - the magnet will provide tight coupling. Also, the plate
doesn't have to be electrically connected to the AS.

I mounted both a 2 meter ham antenna and my cell phone antenna to (opposite
ends of) that previous trailer this way. Worked fine, stayed there for years.

Jerry W4UK