Re: [A/S]Radiant Heat Plus Solar Panels. Inverters and refregerator repair.

Jim,

The fan installation is real Mickey-mouse but it works.  I found a one liter
soda bottle and cut it in two lengthwise.  Then I cut off the top.  What
remained was one half of a cylinder open on the side and top and closed at
the bottom by one half of the bottom of the bottle.  I mounted the fan on
inside of the louver vented outside access door.  Then I placed the open
topped cylinder to direct the air upwards.  I used nylon ties to mount the
fan and the funnel (bottle half).  I found the wires for electricity above
the refrigerator. One  of the previous owners had installed an after market
permanent magnet motor refrigerator fan.  (the one that lasts about one
season) Later someone had some sorta' surplus solar panel.  I just attached
the panel to the trailer near the top refer vent (street-side.)

I have dishes mounted on the front of the trailer.  Generally I try to park
with the nose  from southeast to southwest. That allows that solar panel to
see the sun when the cooling air is most needed.

I turned the 'stat down when the milk froze, the frozen lettuce business
didn't last long either.

Dean