[A/S] Inverters with Laptops, Cell Phones, etc.

Hi Dick,

In my case, cost and utility was the driving factor for purchasing a 300
watt inverter for use with my laptop. The laptop came with a 110 AC power
supply/charger.  The manufacturer offered an optional DC cigarette lighter
cord for $135.  This cord contained the necessary circuitry to provide the
proper voltage and charging current to the laptop and was only usable with
this laptop.  I purchased the 300 watt inverter for $60 and use it with my
laptop, digicam chargers and amateur radio gear, often powering more than
one device a time.

Don (MI)