[A/S] Watts the deal ?

I am thinking about adding a solar panel to my battery charging
routine.  What would the recommended Watt rating be for day charging.
ALSO ... my current trickle charger warns about harmful gases
disharged during the charging process .. I only charge with the access
panel open ... where and how with univolts and non-vented access doors
is charging in the compartment safe from gas build up?

Dave

67 Caravel
(univolt does not charge battery by design)