[A/S] Re: The hard way to learn about electric brakes, volume 1

One other thing to watch on electric brakes. This summer I decided
to put new brake lining's in my dexter brakes, all went well until
I came to check them one at a time by pulling the pin out of the
breakaway switch. I did by the way put a piece of steel across the
magnet face while testing. In each case the brake failed the odd time.
I tested with my volt meter and found voltage going to the magnets but
in each case the wire inside the insulation just where it enters the
magnet was broken, thus if you moved the wire you could make the
magnet work.
It would seem by disturbing things it showed up the week spot.
 I ended up replacing all four magnets. The trailer is 1989.
       Brian in Canada