[A/S] Joys F250 SD Diesel Oil Filter

Hi Joy;

Your question could be answered by the service department at any Ford
dealer.  I am a millwright, not a diesel mechanic, but I have never
tightened an oil filter with a wrench, and have been counselled to
never in the future do so.  Oil filters on everything that I have
experience with should be tightened only by hand.  I have no
experience with diesels, ergo, I cannot say for sure if this
applies.  The service manager should know, and if he doesn't, he has
access to whatever mechanic the dealership has that works on those
diesels.  I would advise, however, that you not overtighten that
filter until checking with Ford, as you may strip the threads on the
filter, or worse, on the fitting.

Tom