Re: [A/S] Battery drained

I'm not a battery expert but if the battery was at
full charge at storage time, 3 weeks is not going to
exhaust the battery.  Something is drawing power and
you need to see if anything was left on when you
stored the trailer.  Since I'm not acquainted with
your year trailer I'll have to consider some things
where I know a discharge could occur in mine.

First I would check the lights in the storage
compartments or exterior of the trailer.  I have a
small light over the dump valves.  Any could be either
turned on by accident and in a daylight condition,
would not be noticed.

How about the refrigerator was it left on gas?  Does
it have a 12 volt setting? How about the interior
light of the refrigerator when the door is opened?
Does your refrigerator have a high humidity switch?
Is it turned on?

Lights in closets?  All turned off.  Radio?  TV
antenna amplifier?

How about your furnace thermostat.  Is it turned off
or is the temperature just set down as low as it will
go?

Water pump off?

I know I have a propane detector that is always
powered even though the master disconnect switch is
set to off.  Not enough to pull a battery down in 3
weeks though.
I did disconnect my battery cables when I went into
winter storage due to the propane detector.

As far as your automobile is concerned, while I don't
have the wiring diagram here at work you did verify
that the charging pin on your recepticle is working.
You probably need to verify that the pin inside the
plug is sending voltage.  I have experienced battery
failure on the road when operating a refrigerator on
12 volts and the plug and recepticle pins had poor
conductivity.

Also keep in mind that in many cases the amount of
charging power coming from the automobile to your
trailer may be not enough to resurrect a dead battery
in 15 minutes.

Now there could be other reasons, like your battery
has not been kept up to par by the trailer's power
converter when you are plugged into shore power.   I
also assume you have checked to make sure that the
battery cells have the proper amount of liquid in
them.
A converter overcharging can spell the early death of
a battery.

Lot's of places to look, all having the potential to
be battery killers.

Good luck.

Jack