[A/S] Re: Door Locks

I have the same trailer. I modified the dead bolt so it could be
operated from both the inside and the out. I removed the inside
knob,retaining plate,and the shaft. I drilled the hole clear thru the
body allowing a longer shaft to stick thru the out side. I than
modified the inside knob and retaining plate to the outside. CAUTION.
when drilling thru, it is important to aim for a spot that will allow
for the outside knob. I riveted the retaining plate to the outside of
the body and added a plastic knob from the hardware store to the
inside. (nobody can lock us in from the outside) The retaining plate
has to be slightly modified to fit. If anyone is interested, I can
post pics or e mail them direct.  Arnie