[A/S] Re: Batteries-Group 29 and Diehards

     I got the same story at from a lecturer on trailering at the
Swiss Festival Rally a couple of years ago.  I tend to agree that
they are of a lessor quality than some other brands.  The lecturer
recommended the Interstate battery, and I've heard good things from
others.  Still, I have two DieHards, which will be my last.  Sears is
very good about replacing them at 1/2 to 1/3 price, but that gets old
quickly.
     My experience is that they *do* tend to boil easily, although I
cannot think of any reason why one battery would boil at a lower
charge rate (did you mean current?) than another.  Don't they have
the same electrolyte?  Or is it that the DieHards have poor heat
conduction/heat dispersal qualities?  Whatever, when these go, I'm
just going to get a couple of Interstates.  Unless someone convinces
me to go a different route. ;-)

- Dick
(5368)