Re: [A/S] Re: QUESTION??? What do you think of Synthetic Oil in our tow vehic...

IAt one time I had a GMC truck with a little 250 engine I delivered many of
our sail boats which weighed from 2250lb on the trailer to 4000lb. I never
used synthetic oil it lasred 300k miles until a valve stem brokeand droped a
valve into the cylinder. at that time it used a quart between
changes.(3000-4000 miles) I normaly drive my cars 175-200k miles have never
rebuilt a motor in the last 40 years. Is synthetic oil better? how does one
judge the quality of motor oil? I am not knocking the sythetic oils but if
one can get good service from quality standard oils where is the advantage to
the synthetics?
Jim Smith
1965 Tradewind(The silver Abaltross)
1992 Dodge Cummins Diesel