[A/S] Re: Thinking about summer and A/C

If I installed a window unit in my trailer this is how I would do it.
I have a 110/12-volt fridge so I don't need a vent for propane. I
would duct the vent for the fridge to the AC mounted under a cabinet.
I would place an exhaust fan on the condenser side, which must be
sealed from the rest of the trailer, which exhausted under the
trailer. Easier to let gravity bring air down than to push it up. I
would also install a vent to the rear of the fridge with a flap vale
so I could pull heat from the coil, this would connect to the exhaust
system. I would also try to seal this area. Keep the cool side cool;
we don't want to exhaust that cooled air. The exhaust blower should be
high quality, read ball bearings, high volume, low rpm, keep the noise
level down. Power is no big deal on a small unit. This would eliminate
a side mounted exhaust or intake vent for the condenser cooling air.

You might get away using a vent stack with this forced air method.

You could get real tricky and during the winter take the heat from the
fridge coil and duct it back to the trailer or duct it to the heater
as preheated air.

Jim N5TJZ