Re: [A/S] Comments invited: redesign '65 Overlander floorplan

Looks very well thought out, should be a fun project.  Certainly have a nice
shell to work with.  Those old babies really polish out nice, too.

> I have lots of pics posted along with the proposed floorplan at my Airstream
> site:
>
> http://www.legendportraits.com/airstream.html
>
> and would love to hear any of your thoughts on the redesign, particularly
> with regard to placement of utilities such as water heater, batteries,
> furnace, holding tank, and weight distribution.

If you have (or have a friend with) flying or boating experience, just do a
complete weight and balance analysis as you go, and everything should come out
right.  Just stay within factory specs for total gross weight, and keep the
heavy stuff low and you should be OK.  You want 12 to 15% of loaded weight
on the tongue, and variable weights like water and sewage as close to the
center of gravity as you can keep it.

> I haven't yet determined
> where Airstream locates these on the new 27B Safari and that will be
> something I will do at some point.

Check out sales literature, sometimes they have "cutaway" illustrations that
can be quite informative.

> Needless to say, I will replace nearly everything in the coach.  The target
> "look" will be warm contemporary with warm metals (patina copper) and warm
> woods.

Sounds gorgeous.

> To help the economy and assist us with our location portrait photography
> (and r&r as well) we recently acquired a new 2002 Keystone Cougar 279 5th
> wheel (about 29.5' with kitchen and living room sliders, aluminum frame
> w/fiberglass finish walls, gorgeous decor)... wow, what a difference from
> the "old" airstreams.... but both are so different and both are so cool!

Sounds like the best of both worlds.  Happy trails.

> Also decided to help the economy even more and take advantage of Ford's new
> financing by trading the '95 F-150 for an F-250 SuperDuty Supercab, 4x4
> longbed with V10... a nice towing machine for the 8000# Cougar fifth wheel.
> We'll have to work a little harder to not leave home too often so we can get
> the work done on the Airstream!

Maybe you can put a class IV hitch on the Cougar and tow the Airstream for more
of a working vacation.  <LOL>

> Thanks to all of you who participate in this forum and "pay it forward!"

Thanks for all the lovely photos.  I love your work and lust after your studio. <VBG>

See ya down the road,
Matt
--
Pam, Matt and Darrell Worner