Re: [A/S] Bad day

Bidding on E bay can be dangerous. how do you know realy what condition the
item is? My grand son bought a classic sports car on E bay After tried to
perswade him not to But an 18 yearold knows much more than a 74 year old who
has owned several cars of that vintage"But grand dad these people have to be
honestand he has restored this car like new"... the bottom line is after
having it shipped down it is a pice of junk that his mother has spent a
couple of thousand dollers on ans it has never ran also so much stuff has
been jury riged on the car thatit coulr never be restored to the classic it
was once was. So until you recive the merchandise how do you realy know  what
you are gitting. Secondly at many auctions there are shills out there whose
job is to run up the bid.
If you realy need an equilsing hitch go to a ligmate dealer and have him set
You up
I personaly see no need forr an equalsing hitch as long as I have a heavy tow
truck but my AS is 24 ft and weighs aboute 5500 lb loaded. I use air shocks
to leavel the truck and go I havr towed the Tradewind about 14k miles On the
interstates i drive about 60 65 mph.  I have driven over 200k miles
delivering sale boat weighing in the excess of 6500 lb these trailers have
serge breaks so no eaquliser can be used.
I have seen 3 trailers overturned and only one in which the truck also
overturned  the other 2 casea the trailer tore its selfe loose the one with
the equliser locked up and created the leverage to over turn the tow truck.
I am sure that light tow vechiles which do no t have the spring capacity to
handle the toungh weight need some kind of equlising hitch.
You pay your money and take your chances.

Jim Smith
1965 Tradewind(The Silver Abaltross)
1992 Dodge 2500 Cummings Diesel