Re: [A/S] novice

Terry
Your post had a lot of good information but there is a side that you
have to consider.  Dependent upon where you live, there are not a lot
of choices as to where you buy your new A/S or service it.  While all
your points are extremely valid, I am pretty much locked into having
my trailer serviced (assuming I want an A/S dealer) by Bill Thomas
campers or next best a dealer in Kansas City Mo 200 miles away.
Anyplace else is even further away.

I personally shopped other dealers in other states and ended up buying
locally.  My price was about $200 more than the best deal I could
find.  So while I could save a few bucks going outside, I had to
consider the local dealer's attitude in servicing my new trailer.  No
matter what anybody says, I'm convinced that most dealer's will take
care of a customer who buys there, better than one going outside.
Maybe that care will not take the form of a better quality repair, but
it may be the difference of "I'm booked up but I'll squeeze you in"
statement and "come back in a month".

So we look for the ideal dealership as you point out, but if you
really want a new A/S you might have to compromise in the cost or
service area.

A/S's aren't Chevys and there isn't a dealership every 10 miles to
choose from.

Regards,

Jack