Re: [A/S] Jack question

Hi Max,

My manual does not agree with your comments so
I am puzzled. On page C-3 of my manual the following
is printed:

"WARNING:

Whenever the trailer must be lifted with a jack, as when
changing a tire or leveling on very rough terrain, ALWAYS
PLACE THE LIFTING JACK UNDER THE MAIN FRAME RAIL.
A label is provided to indicate the proper position for the jack."

(capatilized words from manual, I'm not screaming)

Then in the figure below it shows the stabilizing jacks positions
under the four corners, and the Hydraulic jack position about
3-4 foot aft of the aft axle. I just put new tires on my trailer and
I had them use the marked position as shown in the manual
and had no problems.

Is there additional manual information I have missed or
maybe my trailer is different from those you are familiar with?

George
'89 Excella 29'