Re: [A/S] Trailer tire speed rating

We talked about this subject at an A-WeighWe-Go
seminar early this summer.  Speed does have an effect
on the weight load capacity of a tire.  A graph was
displayed showing the load capacity of a tire
decreasing as the speed went up.  I assume part of the
issue is the faster you go, the more the tire flexes
thus making heat.  Obviously weight on the tire is
also a contributing factor.

You will notice that A/S says you can tow with a blown
tire on a tandom axle, but you will also note that
they state that it must be done at a reduced speed.
Why?  The single tire on the blown side is carrying
more weight.  Lowering your speed allows a greater
load to be safely carried by the single tire.

I'll go back to my information that I received and see
if I can post some detail that will give some more
detail.

Jack