Re: [A/S] Newest of the Newbies

I want to thank all of you for your warm welcome and willingness to
share with a rank neophyte trailer owner. Its also been great to get
the objective verification on C & G Trailer. I had called Camping
World to try to schedule an appointment to have them "once-over" the
trailer. They passed, they don't like working on A/S (at least not in
Valencia, CA). I asked who they recommended and they said C&G. I just
droppped it off there this morning where its going to visit for about
two weeks getting everything done (brakes, electrical, LP Tanks, once-
over). It was like driving up to vintage A/S heaven. Silver for what
seemed like miles. I asked about the blue strip...they can get it. I
asked about the letters...they can replace them. And, on it went.
They are going to fax me in a week with an estimate for all the
little things that need tweaking. While a pretty good haul down a
terrible stretch of highway (I-5 from Burbank), I guess I can't
complain. At least I live in a city where such resources exist. I
told them I would most likely become a close acquaintance if they
wanted to set up their mailing list for Christmas cards.

Thanks also for the list of salvage yards and the tip on getting into
the driveway. Luckily, I have a couple of weeks before I have to
solve the problem. But, as suggested, I am NOT going the way of the
casters on the rear. Even if it could support the trailer's weight,
it just doesn't "seem" right.

Now, new newbie question...what all do I need to undertake to make
the trailer safe for Winter camping? We're planning a trip to Salt
Lake for the Olympics and I don't want any tanks or lines freezing
up. My manuals (yes, I got the original owner's manual AND a service
manual AND two Wally Byam Store catalogs) talk about putting the
trailer into storage for the winter but don't really go into how to
insulate and what to insulate.

Thanks again to all who answered and thanks for answers to come.

Jim Presnal
dotcom@jps.net
'75 Overlander 27'