[A/S] Status of our 85 345 MH (long)

TO THOSE WHO CARE.....

We bought our 85 345 in August.  It needs some TLC but is in pretty
good shape.  It is our first RV so we jumped in with both feet.  We
still have not camped in it but we are close.  The biggest obstacle
is the kids sports games on every weekend.

ENGINE
The Chevy 454 engine is running cooler after the fan clutch was
replaced in Tallahassee.
On the way back from Walt's in Ocala, the engine started losing power
on a intermittant basis.  I suspect the fuel filter.  I hit the auto
parts place and got a fuel filter, oil+filter, and coolant.  I have
no idea when they were last changed so I will just do it and record
it in my logs.  It ran well on the way to Ocala and started acting up
on the way back.  With only mild pressure on the pedal, the engine
ran OK.  When I needed more power and applied pressure, it hesitated.

INTERIOR
We are cleaning up the interior.  We did use the microwave today and
it worked well.  My next big step is to fire up the LP system and
start the stove.  The water heater is automatic.  I don't know how
the fridge works on LP.  We need to steam clean the mattress and wipe
out more cabinets. The interior is in very good shape for an 1985.

WATER
I am continuing to flush the water systems.  Black and Gray are
working fine and no odor.  I did figure out the bathroom sink drains
into the black water (main) tank.  The fresh water has a bad smell.
I have drained it and will be refilling it only to drain it again.
Almost there.  Walt said my auto detect valve for the pump/hose is
broken so he gave me a plug for the white water hose to keep the
water in.  common problem=common solution.

EXTERIOR
I did buy light bulbs for several outside lights. I'll get them in
tomorrow.  The sides are shiny but the front and top are pretty
dull.  I'll wash it and put on some wax to prolong the life.

GENERATOR
The Kohler generator sputters loudly to a stop. Ughhhh.  Two
different shops told me to just hold the stop button down and let it
pout.  I'll just put an Onan on my wish list for down the road.  It
runs kinda loud but works well. It's the stoping that it struggles
with.

MISC
Tires and brakes are in good shape.  Walt fixed the AC drain issue.
AC units get a B-.  Drives well!

More to come.....

-Fred