Re: [A/S] Kitchen Faucet

Barry, I replaced the countertop and faucet in my ' 68 Tradewind using
materials from Home Depot. Save and reuse the plastic/nylon washers that go
in the bottom of the faucet supply pipes that the flair fittings snug up to
and make the fitting water tight. I would suggest taking those washers with
you to Home Depot to be sure they will go inside the new faucet supply
lines. An American Standard faucet I bought for the bathroom lavatory would
not accept the plastic washers (diameter too small) and I struggled finding
a work around that wouldn't leak.

If you replace the counter top itself, pay attention to the thickness of the
particle board laminate. The counter top material I got from Home Depot was
thicker than the original so the "P" trap in the drain did not want to match
up with the rest of the drain line.

Jim Greene